While Constitution supporters are outraged about the latest extension of parts of the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act, there is much more that was permanent from day one.
Everything from fusion centers and information sharing, to national security letters, TSA enhanced screening and the growth of facial recognition – all come from Patriot – and its successor.
- JOIN TAC
- Show Archives
- Subscribe and Review on iTunes
- Patriot Act Renewal: A Bipartisan Attack on Liberty Since Day One
- Let the Sun Set on Patriot
- Understanding the Patriot Act “Sunsets”
- 2.5 Billion. Surveillance State Goes Wild
- REAL ID Soon: Inescapable Extension of the Federal Surveillance State
- Feds Ramp up Facial Recognition as a “Convenience” at Airports
- Warning: TSA Facial Recognition Plan Likely to Become Part of Growing Biometric Surveillance System
- The Biggest New Spying Program You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
Michael Boldin [send him email] is the founder of the Tenth Amendment Center, where this article first appeared. He was raised in Milwaukee, WI, and currently resides in Los Angeles, CA. Follow him on Twitter – @michaelboldin and Facebook.
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.